Saturday, December 26, 2009

journal entry 6: similarities between parents' and childrens' birth charts

I started learning about astrology, in depth, back around 2006. A friend told me that I had more than just a Sun sign. I knew, like most people, what my Sun sign was (Sagittarius). It totally peaked my curiosity to hear that there was more to it. So, I began my study of it (clumsily, of course).

I didn't have a definite birth time for my own chart but I do for my children. What I found during these last 4 years (by examining celebrity charts) is that children, often share similar aspects as their parents. My daughter, age 10, who reminds me of me when I was younger, shares not only personality aspects with me but also natal aspects. My mother said (not definitely) that I was born "at 6 pm." If so, that gives me an Ascendant of Cancer. My daughter's Ascendant is Cancer. I have 'Saturn conjunct Ascendant,' my daughter has 'Saturn sextile Ascendant.' I have 'Moon conjunct Venus,' as does my daughter. Both our Midheavens are in Pisces. We both have natal contacts between Sun and Mercury, Venus and Uranus, Jupiter and Neptune, Saturn and Midheaven. Now, my son - he has his Sun, Mercury and Mars in Gemini in the 11th house. His dad is a Sun Aquarius and the 11th house is associated Aquarius. My son has a few similar aspects as me and some like his dad, i.e. Sun contacting Mars - his dad has 'Sun square Mars,' my son has 'Sun conjunct Mars.' And they both have 'Mercury trine Uranus.'


My father had a stellium in Leo. I have a stellium in Sag. (Definition of stellium varies, some astrologers say it's 4 planets conjunct in same sign/same house. Others say only 3.) My dad had Moon, Mars, Saturn and Pluto in a tight stellium. My stellium involves Sun, Moon, Mercury and Neptune. My planets are more spaced but all in the same house.

If you have an accurate birth time for you and your children, I am sure you will find similarities in natal aspects. It is interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment